About Akelius

Akelius buys, upgrades and manages residential properties. The company owns 47,000 apartments in Sweden, Germany, France, Canada, England and the United States.

Akelius focuses on residential properties in attractive cities with strong growth and potential of upgrading. 80 per cent of the apartments are located in metropolitans as Berlin, London, Paris, Stockholm and New York. Akelius is the largest listed real estate company in Sweden. The property holdings amount to SEK 105 billion.

Akelius Foundation owns 90 per cent of Akelius Residential Property AB. The purpose is charity. Akelius is the world’s largest donor to SOS Children Villages. The remaining 10 per cent of the shares are owned by Roger Akelius through a company and 15,000 preference shareholders.

World leading in upgrading apartments

An important part of Akelius concept is Better Living. This means that Akelius currently upgrades residential units to First Class, corresponding to a quality level with newly constructed co-operative apartments. Akelius only upgrades vacant apartments.

Akelius is among the best in the world to upgrade apartments and public areas. Every year Akelius renovates 4,000 apartments for SEK 2 billion. Akelius also renovate facades, staircases, entrances and courtyards of the properties. No other real estate company upgrades at the same pace.

The apartments are fitted with quality kitchens from Nobilia and appliances manufactured by Bosch and Siemens. The parquet flooring is supplied by Swedish company Kährs. The bathrooms are fitted with sanitary porcelain from Gustavsberg and Keramag. Rectified tiles and clinkers are supplied by Italian supplier Marazzi.

The concept Better Living also includes an excellent service. Akelius wants the tenants to feel safe in and near their home.

First class personnel

First-class performance requires top-notch staff. Training takes place in the Akelius University. Akelius shall be the leading real estate company in the world when it comes to personnel with a relevant and good education. Hundreds of employees have graduated in Residential Real Estate from Akelius University.

More than 500 persons work within the company today.